To create a second case for an existing patient on the same day, do the following::
- From the Patient List, select New Patient
- Select the Document button to start a document or the shortcut for the IntraOp Record
- In the new patient dialog, type the patient's MRN
- Anesthesia Touch will match the MRN and populate the last name, first name, DOB, sex, and other demographics
- In the new patient dialog, select "Save"
- If configured to, Anesthesia Touch will prompt for an Account Number if none was entered (the account number is typically unique to the encounter)
When returning to the Patient List, both visits will appear with the same patient information. The account number, location, procedure, time, and document status will differ for each case.
New Patient Dialog
Could you please share some practical scenarios where two records are required for the same MRN, Account#, with same DoS (even different DoS) for the same case?
In the current prod system, when C-Section created from OB Case, two records (OB, C-Section) have the same MRN, Account#, DoS. some of the customers would like to them together in a single record. I believe this could be a rare scenario to have two records of same Account# for the same case.
The Pre Op Document does not allow the user to Create a New Document for an Inpatient that returns to the OR for a second procedure during the same stay.
We had an add-on case come in on 2/1, and later that same day the same patient had another surgery under the same account. When our anesthesiologist selected a new patient, and typed the MRN, it opened the same case that had been charted on previously.
So, now this one record has two surgeries. The times are a little messed up, and the second surgery is missing things like ASA. I have two questions.
1. What is the proper workflow for creating a second case when the same account number will be used?
2. What is the best way to address this scenario?
Please sign in to leave a comment.