PTG will update Anesthesia Touch in the App Store on Thursday, April 20th. Organizations and users should prepare to update the iPadOS client on the 20th.
This update improves the Case Info dialog in the Patient List and provides support for in-app update notifications. The release will include the following major new features.
Case Info Dialog Improvements
This release lays the foundation for additional improvements in the Case Info Dialog (accessed from the "i" in the Patient List), and includes the following:
- To better manage the schedule in Patient List, the Case Info dialog has a new design with improved controls
- To add yourself more quickly to a scheduled case from the Patient List, the Case Info dialog has a new "Add Myself" button (note, once you have signed the anesthesia record you cannot remove yourself from a case) (see the top arrow, beneath the "Anesthesia Staff" field)
- To document case cancellations more easily from the Patient List, the Case Info dialog has a new "Cancel Case" button creating the same documentation as "Cancel Case" in IntraOp (see the bottom arrow, beneath the Census List). Users can initiate reinstating a case from the Patient List as well
And, to assist when re-opening a cancelled case's IntraOp Record, the following improvement in IntraOp:
- To quickly access the case cancellation documentation from IntraOp, the IntraOp validations now show a "Cancelled" status (tap to review or clear the cancellation documentation)
To see when major iPadOS releases will be coming to the App Store, iPadOS and all platform applications will have a banner alert for upcoming releases. On iPadOS, this banner will appear in the Patient List and clinicians can close it (this is not visible for this release).
Working with Patients with Prior PreOps
- To optionally alert clinicians to prior findings for a returned patient, practices can now request configured alerts for specific charted findings, such as Malignant Hypothermia (which appear in the same way as the optional Difficult Airway alert)
- To make it easier for clinicians to use images taken in prior PreOp Documents again, clinicians can select individual images from past documents in the PreOp Import (rather than only importing all or nothing)
WebAdmin Validation Improvements
- To better track the validation progress of cases from WebAdmin, display of PreOp and IntraOp validations in WebAdmin now better reflect the way validations appear on iPadOS
- To better support reporting on validation alerts, users can now download the Validation Report from WebAdmin for analysis
- To support importing Pharmacy Usage data for analysis in other systems, the Pharmacy Usage Report download now has unique columns for user names, user IDs, and medication IDs
- Other fixes and improvements